At school -
We take e-safety very seriously and are mindful of the problems there are with children gaining access to undesirable materials. We have taken steps, along with the Local Education Authority, to deal with this. Our Internet access is supplied by Brighton and Hove City Council and it has a highly effective, built in filtering system that restricts access to sites containing inappropriate content. All our computer monitors are in public view and children will always be supervised by an adult when using them. No system is perfect, however, and you should be aware that it is not possible to remove entirely the risk of finding unsuitable material. If such content is reported however, we will take immediate steps to have it blocked from the system.
The school has ipads-laptops with Internet access to help your learning. These rules will keep you safe and help us to be fair to others.
- I will only access the system with my own login and password
- I will not access other people’s files or try to log on using anyone else’s password
- I will use the ipads-laptops for school work during lesson times
- I will not bring in memory sticks or discs from outside school unless I have been given permission and they have been checked for viruses
- I will ask permission from a member of staff before using the Internet
- I will only email people I know or who my teacher has approved
- The messages I send will be polite and responsible
- I will not give my home address or telephone number, nor arrange to meet someone, unless my parent, carer or teacher has given permission
- I will report any unpleasant material or messages sent to me. I understand this report is confidential and would help protect other pupils and myself
- I understand that the school may check my computer files, may monitor the Internet sites I visit and may check my emails. I will use the Internet responsibly
- I understand I may be monitored while using a computer in school and the teachers can see what I am doing at any time.